What to Do if You Cannot Obtain Your Immunization Records

Updated on December 1st, 2022

All Summer Programs students are required to submit proof of full immunization based on the published guidelines. If your immunization records are lost or incomplete, please consider the following options:

Consult with Your Health Care Provider

Talk to your health care provider to request an up-to-date copy of your immunization records.

Check with Schools or Institutions Where You Previously Submitted Records

If you or your health care provider do not have access to your immunization records, please check with any schools, clubs, or institutions where you may have been required to submit immunization records in the past. If you previously participated in a Berklee Summer Program and submitted immunization records via the Magnus Health Portal, your immunization records are saved and still accessible through your account. 

Obtain a Positive Titer Blood Test in Place of Select Immunizations

A titer blood test is used to determine if you had previous infections, and whether or not you need certain immunizations. The titer test is an analysis that detects the presence and measures the amount of such antibodies in a person's blood. If your titers are positive, it may indicate you’ve already been exposed to a specific pathogen or may have received the vaccine for it. That means that you have adequate immunity to a particular infectious disease.

If titer results are negative, this means there is no immunity to a specific disease, and you are currently not compliant with the immunization guidelines.

Titer blood tests can be obtained for:

  • Hepatitis B
  • Measles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella
  • Varicella

Obtain New Vaccinations

If your health care provider is not able to provide your immunization records, consult with them to determine how you can safely obtain the necessary vaccinations as published on the Berklee Summer Programs Immunization Form.