How to Transfer Your SEVIS Record from Berklee

Updated on February 23rd, 2023

If you attended the current year's Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive and have now been admitted to a new US school, it may be possible to transfer your F-1 SEVIS record from Berklee to your new school. There are a few benefits to a SEVIS record transfer, including:

  • You do not pay the I-901 SEVIS fee again
  • You can remain in the US between programs

Eligibility for for a SEVIS Record Transfer

  • You must currently be maintaining your F-1 status
  • You must have an offer of admission from a new school
  • You must be within your 60-day grace period
  • The start of classes at your new school must be within five months of your completion of the Aspire: Five-Week program

If the period of time between F-1 activities is longer than five months, your SEVIS record is not eligible for transfer. Instead, your new school must issue a new initial I-20 with a new SEVIS number.

How to Request Your SEVIS Record Transfer:

  1. Obtain an official admission letter from your new school.
  2. Email to request the SEVIS Transfer Release Request form. Include a copy of your official admission letter as an attachment to your email.
  3. Allow five to seven business days for Berklee to process and fulfill your request.
  4. Berklee will email you upon successful completion of the transfer.
  5. Follow any and all instructions provided by your new school to arrange when and how receive your new I-20.