If you attended the current year's Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive and have now been admitted to a new US school, it may be possible to transfer your F-1 SEVIS record from Berklee to your new school. There are a few benefits to a SEVIS record transfer, including:
- You do not pay the I-901 SEVIS fee again
- You can remain in the US between programs
Eligibility for for a SEVIS Record Transfer
- You must currently be maintaining your F-1 status
- You must have an offer of admission from a new school
- You must be within your 60-day grace period
- The start of classes at your new school must be within five months of your completion of the Aspire: Five-Week program
If the period of time between F-1 activities is longer than five months, your SEVIS record is not eligible for transfer. Instead, your new school must issue a new initial I-20 with a new SEVIS number.
How to Request Your SEVIS Record Transfer:
- Obtain an official admission letter from your new school.
- Email email@example.com to request the SEVIS Transfer Release Request form. Include a copy of your official admission letter as an attachment to your email.
- Allow five to seven business days for Berklee to process and fulfill your request.
- Berklee will email you upon successful completion of the transfer.
- Follow any and all instructions provided by your new school to arrange when and how receive your new I-20.