Summer Programs students may be housed in any of our nine residence halls. Each residence hall is different, with rooms coming in different shapes and sizes. Some rooms have private bathrooms, while some share corridor bathrooms. Many rooms have windows facing city streets; others have windows facing alleys and interior areas. However, all rooms have the following amenities:
- Windows with shades
- A desk, chair, dresser, and bed
- Shared closet space
- A computer network connection
Please be aware that 150 and 160 Massachusetts Avenue are the only air-conditioned residence halls. Some of the other residence halls have air conditioning units installed in individual rooms.
Each residence hall has washers and dryers for use. The machines may be operated using quarters or a resident’s reloadable ID card.
If you need specific housing accommodations while attending your program, please reach out to Accessibility Resources for Students now to discuss your needs.
Each room will house between two and four students. Residence halls are typically coed, but floors are divided according to age and gender identity. Students will not share a bathroom with students of the opposite gender identity.
Packing List for Residence Halls
The following items are things every student living on campus should bring:
- Bedding (sheets, pillow, pillow case, blanket) for an extra-long twin bed (36 inches by 80 inches)
- A towel
You may also consider bringing the following:
- A fan (only 150 and 160 Massachusetts Avenue have air conditioning)
- A plastic bin to store snacks or food
- An alarm clock
- Laundry detergent and quarters
- Clothes hangers
- Prescription/first-aid needs
- A small refrigerator
- An umbrella
- Extra spending money for snacks, drinks, or transportation
The following items are not allowed in a student’s residence hall room:
- Cooking appliances (hot pots, toaster ovens, grills, popcorn makers, or anything with a visible heating element, etc.)
- Air conditioners
- Futons, chairs, couches, or any other non-Berklee-issued furniture
- Wall hangings
- Pets (including fish)
- Halogen lamps and holiday lights
These items are available upon request from the resident advisor's office:
- Toilet paper (for private bathrooms)
- Basic cleaning supplies