Berklee Summer Programs: Insurance

Updated on June 5th, 2023

Berklee insures only its own property against loss. It does not insure against nor reimburse against the loss, from any cause, of student property. It is strongly suggested that students who possess property of value insure against loss through their own insurance company. One way to insure an instrument is to attach a floater to a parent or guardian's homeowner's or renter's insurance policy. International students are likely to experience some difficulty in establishing a policy in the United States, and are encouraged to secure instrument coverage in their home country.

For any students who are interested in obtaining temporary travel insurance: it may be smart to reach out to your primary insurer or a reputable insurance company to review available options for temporary traveler's insurance. Many insurance providers will offer short-term packages for coverage, ranging from one week to one month in some instances. 

International Travel Insurance

If you are considering purchasing health insurance specifically for your Summer Program, be sure that it will cover you in the US and in the specific state where your program will take place. While we cannot recommend a specific provider or plan, some previous students have used the following:

Ultimately, you are responsible for independently finding a solution that best fits your needs and budget. If these options do not meet your needs, we recommend a web search for ‘international student health insurance’ for other alternatives.

Again, Berklee is unable to offer any formal recommendations, as the broader college has no affiliations or partnerships with insurance providers at this time.